It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 5:48 pm Advanced search

Justice Pageant - "Memory Wars" [DONE]

Archived Justice Pageant threads

Re: Justice Pageant - "Memory Wars" [DONE]

Postby allesrebel1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Update 12!

Well I just realized that I was coding not in the paradigm that most games are programmed. That explains the high CPU usage. (even at 20 frames per second it was using up 25% cpu time!) So I've started reorganizing my code into an 'event driven' system. Instead of doing things on the fly. That should fix the problem. Anyway, it might take a bit of work, it shouldn't be too hard though just move a few methods around.

I'm thinking of moving my Dev to a blog. But then again, like it here. Dev's moving pretty fast, I think I just found a way to optimize the scanning of the grid. Oh and just started using a more dynamic approach to selecting programs on the grid.
I can't wait to see where this goes!

Anyway keep you guys posted!
Thanks for reading.
allesrebel1

Postby TimeWaave » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Looking at the screenshot and reading others' replies makes me think of the game Spybots: The Nightfall Incident (http://jayisgames.com/games/spybot-the-nightfall-incident/). It's a few years old, in fact I remember playing it on Lego.com back when I [EDIT] was obsessed with Legos. Your game seems very similar, so I don't know if you knew of this game or not. Either way, I think you could get some good ideas from it. I remember having a lot of fun with it!

I still love Legos :p
Last edited by TimeWaave on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TimeWaave

Postby Darien » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Wait, you don't love legos anymore?

:-o
Darien

Postby allesrebel1 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:30 am

Wow, I had to beat that game before posting. That's almost exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks for giving me that link, It's an amazing game.
I think I have a few more ideas to put in, from that alone.
I'm recoding the engine, to make it work with new ideas I've got.

Thanks,
allesrebel1

Previous

Return to Justice Pageant [July 2011]