It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 pm Advanced search

Justice Pageant - Hide [ DONE ]

Archived Justice Pageant threads

Re: Justice Pageant - Hide [ DONE ]

Postby shouldice » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:10 pm

I'll be sure to make a Linux build when Unity supports it. I'll post in this thread if that's OK with everyone.

Thanks!
shouldice

Postby BitPuffin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:38 am

rincot wrote:The game seems amazingly terrifying! But I wonder is there Linux build of it? Is there even a possibility to make one?

I am just nobody asking stupid questions.

Should probably work with wine!
BitPuffin

Postby SirYes » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:00 pm

n3burgener wrote:I, too, was able to find all five signs in a single attempt. It took quite a bit of strategy and trial-and-error figuring out the best possible way to activate the signs and to avoid detection.

True, I was able to flag all locations too, at my 9th attempt. Almost at the end I've noticed that each sign makes a guitar-like "ding" sound in a loop - if you know this, it's much more easier to find them this way.

But anyway, you've done a terrific job, shouldice. The game *IS* very atmospheric, even if pursuers are little irritating sometimes.

Concerning the gameplay, I would say the center of the lake was the most incredible place to find a sign. This is also the worst place to escape from after looking at the sign - there are great openings around, the player is visible from each side - so I decided this would be my starting point (finally it became my second point). Just imagine: standing at bright night, one step away from the sign laying on the ice, without any followers yet, quietly thinking of where to sprint and *HIDE*... :-))) But *THEY* were always one step closer than I was...

Eventually, I finished the game (*spoiler* | *highlight*) starting from the small building with PERSECUTION sign. Next a long walk towards the lake's center to find TORTURE sign. Then run as hell to hide in the forest to find MURDER sign. Crawl back towards the tree at the bottom of church's hill to find STARVATION sign (at this point the imminent adrenaline rush is to be expected - just one more sign, wow! - and this bloody helicopter thingie, argh!). Now run, run, [faster!!!], run, [dammit!!!], RUN!!! - to the top of the hill, to find the RAPE sign on the church front. YES! Oh, NO! They are everywhere... ouch.

Just after accidentally finding a link reading "In the Games of Madness" blog, I'd say "HIDE" is a very interesting adventure, which just made my weekend.

Thanks!
SirYes

Postby Rikki-tikki-tavi » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:03 pm

First of all, I'd like to thank you for the experience - the game is really good. The more I think it over, the more I find it a masterpiece.
Couldn't find the third sign before my patience ran out, though - read about it's location here (shouldn't you hide that under spoiler too, SirYes?) The difficulty of the game is high (or maybe I just suck), and in order to complete it, one has to perfect the strategy, and, unfortunately, that kills the atmosphere - running the same path again and again you get used to the searchlights and they don't scare you anymore. Besides, as was mentioned before, once you find out they appear after you check the sign, you just stop checking them (not that I know how to improve this).

Anyway, what I'd like to ask is this: somebody at the Indiegames blog mentioned, that when you tap W together with the "up" arrow, the character runs faster. That indeed works, and I've noticed two things about that. Firstly, footsteps in this "mode" sound as if two people are running. Secondly, the character doesn't get tired faster from this. So this is either a bug or the character gets tired depending on time of movement, not speed.
Rikki-tikki-tavi

Postby Megazell » Tue May 08, 2012 3:03 am

Hey,

I just wanted to say this game is 100% excellent. I finally got around to getting all 5 locations with my wife over my shoulder the whole time. Great experience. Thank you!
Megazell

Postby IAMTHECAKE » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:42 am

I made a commentary on your game, if you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I34VdCzDM8Q
IAMTHECAKE

I'm gonna make a video playthrough of this game

Postby Angry_Ginger » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:37 am

i will make a video playthrough of this game (probably tomorrow) if not then monday of next week, i will make sure to post a link to this forum page in the description and i will post a link to the playthrough on the forum

BTW this game kinda looks like slender to me, just pixelated and with signs and different enemie(s)
Angry_Ginger

Postby dashNine » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Probably worth noting that this game was released about a year before slender.
dashNine

Previous

Return to Justice Pageant [July 2011]