It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:50 pm Advanced search

Justice Pageant - Professor Cubeykins

Archived Justice Pageant threads

Justice Pageant - Professor Cubeykins

Postby Brocklehurst » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:35 pm

Been lurking the forums for about a week now and this seems like an awesome place, so I decided to come up with an idea for a game and post a thread!

My game's basically a 2.5D sidescroller with a Kirby-esque gameplay element.
All the characters in the game are cubes and the main character can change into them at will, with each character having different abilities and such... I was playing with the idea of Justice and I thought it'd be funny if it was something trivial and small. Like maybe the main character's car gets stolen and he chases after that person, but it turns out in the end it was just a piece of food or such that he was bothered about.

I've been working on the games framework (making in Unity) and sketching up some ideas for the main character:

I may change him, but it's loads of fun thinking of different characters at the moment, so I'm just gonna keep doing that for a while ;) haha

Will post more as I progress.
Brocklehurst

Re: Justice Pageant - Professor Cubeykins

Postby Abel Toy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:27 pm

I just fell in love with you and your sketch <3
Abel Toy

Postby Diacritic » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm loving that sketch. Have you thought about making the main antagonist another shape? That's probably a bit gimmicky, though. Perhaps he's a sideways cylinder, and he only stole the car because he thought the wheels were his friends. Okay that's a bit far fetched.

Looks like it's gonna be a fun game. Can't wait to see it unfold.
Diacritic

Postby minalim » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Brocklehurst wrote:I was playing with the idea of Justice and I thought it'd be funny if it was something trivial and small. Like maybe the main character's car gets stolen and he chases after that person, but it turns out in the end it was just a piece of food or such that he was bothered about.

Sounds awesome, especially for a game with such cute graphics.
minalim

Postby Brocklehurst » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Still working on this! Mainly been working on the 'engine' if you will; decided I'm going for a Lego Star Wars/Batman/etc style camera view - so basically 3D with a set position camera that moves around to designated spots... I felt the 2.5D view wasn't going to work with the game mechanics I have planned.

Basically you'll be walking around places solving puzzles by picking up people and changing into them; so you could pick up a builder and start placing blocks, etc.

Here's an early little teaser screenshot:
Brocklehurst

Postby Ardbob » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:40 pm

I like!

For the story, if you're going for something silly then you could have the professor see someone with a very similar mustache. He gets furious and claims the man is committing mustache plagiarism. The rest of the game is you trying to chase down the man to bring him to justice.
Ardbob

Postby Abel Toy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Ardbob wrote:For the story, if you're going for something silly then you could have the professor see someone with a very similar mustache. He gets furious and claims the man is committing mustache plagiarism. The rest of the game is you trying to chase down the man to bring him to justice.

That's just too hilarious. I love it!
Abel Toy

Postby Ardbob » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Rolpege wrote:
Ardbob wrote:For the story, if you're going for something silly then you could have the professor see someone with a very similar mustache. He gets furious and claims the man is committing mustache plagiarism. The rest of the game is you trying to chase down the man to bring him to justice.

That's just too hilarious. I love it!

*bows*
Ardbob

Postby Brocklehurst » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:59 pm

hahaha okay I am definitely using that
Brocklehurst

Postby Ardbob » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Yay! :D I'm honored.
Ardbob

Return to Justice Pageant [July 2011]