(Justice) "Muckraker" [SHOWSTOPPED, NOT DONE :( ]

Archived Justice Pageant threads

Re: [JUSTICE] "Iusticia"

Postby Stephen L (inactive) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:13 pm

OK I'll hold out 'til tomorrow :)
Stephen L (inactive)

Re: (Justice) "Muckrakers" [SPRINTING...]

Postby Radiatoryang » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:16 am

Okay, we "finished" a "build", removed a lot of cool mechanics that made it somewhat relevant to this pageant... now, in its gutted form, it's kinda just a (very weird and buggy) Thief remake in Unity. We'll take this as a lesson to never build anything so complicated again. ENJOY!

the goal of the game is to FIND "THE SPHERE" AND TOUCH IT

did I mention it's really buggy?
and the hastily assembled ending makes NO SENSE but I like it a little

======
EDIT: okay, we can't figure out this web player graphical corruption / texture memory corruption bug, seems to have something to do with render textures (?) and depth of field (?) in Unity 3.4, even if we deploy to Win or Mac standalone... it's so weird, it works just fine in the editor, and we just assumed Unity would build it out to be exactly the same. Agh. I guess you should count us out :(

in the meantime, if you want to witness some PURE CRAZY, check out our 6.5 mb web player build: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19887116/muckra ... layer.html

me and eddie are pretty disappointed with how unplayable our efforts have been, I guess it's a wake-up call to keep our projects small and not attempt anymore epics
Radiatoryang

Re: (Justice) "Muckraker" [SHOWSTOPPED, NOT DONE :( ]

Postby Ardbob » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:36 am

Awwww, why don't you make the game right even though its too late?
Ardbob

Postby Ian Snyder » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Haven't played this yet, I will when I get the time. Just wanted to say that I found your ambition inspiring, and even if your didn't finish on time it still looks like you got pretty far. I'd encourage you to keep pushing this until it has the features you want it to have. :)
Ian Snyder

Postby Eddie Cameron » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:50 pm

murrrrrrrrghhhhsjfgdsk... today was meant to be my day of freedom, but Robert refuses to unshackle me until I fix everything. He's blocked every website except for this and the Unity docs.

I was hoping I would wake up and find out that the whole crazy build thing was all a dream *sigh*
Prepare for fixed and featureful version in the next fortnight. Hopefully. If anyone who had a squiz at the build we posted has any idea what could be going on we'd be happy to hear!
Eddie Cameron

Postby Digitalistic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Is it normal to have an epileptic seizure when the game loads?
Digitalistic

Postby Stephen L (inactive) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:13 pm

I tried earlier and it crashed firefox for me. You have my best wishes for tidying up the remaining bugs.
Stephen L (inactive)

Previous

Return to Justice Pageant [July 2011]