It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 5:36 pm Advanced search

Justice Pageant - Dungeon Game

Archived Justice Pageant threads

Re: Justice Pageant - Dungeon Game

Postby elegwa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm looking forward to this, I really like the look of the game. Like thecatamites said, the black abyss is awesome. I have a feeling its going to take me years to finish the game, because I'll be to scared to move forward.
elegwa

Postby Wasserstern » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Looks really really awesome! Keep up your work!

I want to play this!
Wasserstern

Postby shouldice » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 pm

Getting some attention on the Indie Games Blog.
http://indiegames.com/2011/07/jasper_bryne_to_release_dungeo.html
shouldice

Postby Jasper » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, it surprised me to see it on indiegames as it's really not much of a game yet!

I've had to put it on hold for a bit, and I'm not sure I'll get it in for the pageant deadline unfortunately. But the way I see them, and I hope Stephen and co agree, is that they're a springboard for new ideas you wouldn't otherwise have come up with, and this game wouldn't exist if it weren't for the pageant.

I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it yet, so I don't want to rush it, I'm gonna wait until the right direction hits me. I know with this game I want more of a story element, and I'm still not sure whether to tie it to the main game or not (if not I could allow different weapons which could be liberating - the main character of LS is very attached to his pistol.) I need to re-draw the sprites in four directions and things like that, so I need to be absolutely sure what enemies to use and so on...

I may end up finishing it after Lone Survivor, my main project, as I really need to get that done and out purely on a financial level, unfortunately. It may be I squeeze in bits of time to tweak it and change it while taking short breaks from LS... I'm not sure at this point. LS is big and it scares me that I could run out of savings before getting it done. I'm hoping for it to take two months, three at the most. It can't slip much more than that..!
Jasper

Postby Ardbob » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:12 pm

I can't wait to play this!
Ardbob

Previous

Return to Justice Pageant [July 2011]