It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:51 pm Advanced search

Justice Pageant - JUDGe X7

Archived Justice Pageant threads

Re: Justice Pageant - JUDGe X7

Postby ThreeOhFour » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Haha, I've actually had quite a bit of fun coming up with corny lines for the JUDGe. That's definitely one of my favourites though!

Got some more work done today, the rough version painted up of another scene. Still needs some detail and I think I got carried away on the blue lighting a bit on the left hand side, so maybe I'll tone it down a little.

ThreeOhFour

Postby Jasper » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:49 pm

He reminds me of a sort of robo-Von-Karma from the Ace Attorney games, and that line, as people say, is brilliant. Can't wait to play this!
Jasper

Postby ThreeOhFour » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:15 pm

I've meant to try the Ace Attorney/Phoenix Wright games for ages but haven't gotten around to it yet, sadly. Still, they kinda seem like the same sort of thing I'm aiming for, although I wonder if there's as much silly nonsense going on in those games.

Did some more work on this scene today, here you can see the JUDGe battling against a chaotic robot and his Disruptor Drones (the floating orbs with loudspeakers sticking out of them). You must strike the robot with your gavel at the right time to create some Order in the court (well, weird planet thing), and keep striking the drones as they fly on screen to stop them from disrupting the JUDGe and depleting the Order that he has created with his gavel hits. Returning the court (planet) to total order beats the disruptive bot and drones.

This is still very WiP - had enough time after work today to draw the bot and drones and Order gauge, as well as make the drones explode, but there's still a lot to be implemented, which hopefully I will get done tomorrow.
ThreeOhFour

Previous

Return to Justice Pageant [July 2011]