It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:32 am Advanced search

The Fourth Super Friendship Club Pageant - UNIVERSE

Archived Universe Pageant threads

The Fourth Super Friendship Club Pageant - UNIVERSE

Postby Stephen L (inactive) » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:07 am

Make a game which is a universe. Make the game good.

Starts on January 11th, finishes on February 11th.

The game needn't be a universe, the game needn't be a game, and a universe needn't be a universe. It might be a closed system, a self-contained collection of concepts, a microcosm, anything.

If you haven't made games before, and aren't sure where to start on the technical side of things, just ask : there're plenty of people here who can give guidance.

When you do decide to post about your game, say it's called "Cats Under Fire", post a thread about it with the title "Universe Pageant - Cats Under Fire". When you've finished it, edit the first post to give it a new title - something like "Universe Pageant - Cats Under Fire [ DONE ]".

Any questions, please just ask below : )
Stephen L (inactive)

Re: The Fourth Super Friendship Club Pageant - UNIVERSE

Postby Stephen L (inactive) » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:11 am

I should say, as a prominent aside, that I'm pretty sorry I haven't been running these as well as I might have, nor participating (in both making games, and playing games made for them).

As to the latter point, I hope I'll be able to figure out something for this one. And, for the former, this will be the last pageant here that I'll be doing for the time being (not to say that there won't be other people managing them instead :) ).
Stephen L (inactive)

Postby moonmagic » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:09 am

Every time I say to myself, no, I am too busy, then the theme is delightful and I end up with another almost-game. So my goal for this one is a modest goal that lets me finish something.
moonmagic

Postby Kampf_Kiewi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Oh nice coincidence, my first game that I'm currently working on is in a way a microcosm. It will probably be pretty shitty because it's my first game, but if I manage to finish it before the deadline (actually I've set myself a deadline too) I will defenitely post it here for the pageant.
Can't wait to see what other people will come up with by the way!
Kampf_Kiewi

Postby shouldice » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Stephen Lavelle wrote:... I'm pretty sorry I haven't been running these as well as I might have...

Starting later in the month was probably a good idea anyway, to let people get back on their feet.
shouldice

Postby mitDebo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:48 pm

I've wanted to participate in these pageants, but it always seems like I have my own personal projects well under way and don't have time for them. That's no different right now - but I think I'll throw my hat in the ring for this one. I had a prototype idea not long ago that I think would be a good fit with this one.
mitDebo

Postby Ashkin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 am

Awesome! Maybe I can come up with an idea for this.
Ashkin

Postby Ian Snyder » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:22 am

"Make a game which is a universe ... The game needn't be a universe"

Woah... I mean, like... woah.

I've got an idea for this which really excites me, but I don't have a good history of finishing on these pageants. This time I must finish something!
Ian Snyder

Postby WBojangles » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:23 am

Sounds like FUN TIMES, I have an idea and if it looks like I will pull it off I'll post about it.
WBojangles

Postby dlan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:24 pm

again, this is an excellent theme. I think I have an idea that could fit the theme , but I also think that I don't have enough time / motivation for implementing it. Will see which side win :)

Happy pageantry everyone !
dlan

Postby Paul McG » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Oh man, this is such an awesome theme. There's an idea I had back at the last TigJamUK with a multiverse that this would fit perfectly and I really wanted to do it sometime. I've committed to some stuff in January but hopefully start of Feb I might squeeze something small in. :D
Paul McG

Postby dylanix » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:02 am

Is there a specific time that these have to be completed by, or does it count as long as the calendar says February 11 when the game is submitted?
dylanix

Postby Stephen L (inactive) » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:26 pm

dylanix wrote:Is there a specific time that these have to be completed by, or does it count as long as the calendar says February 11 when the game is submitted?

it's informal. I'll probably leave it a couple of days after the 11th before assembling the "done" games
Stephen L (inactive)

Outside looking in...

Postby mildmojo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:29 pm

mildmojo

Postby Stephen L (inactive) » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:00 pm

:)

Okay people, I'll collect together entries and call the pageant DONE on tuesday.
Stephen L (inactive)

Next

Return to Universe Pageant [January 2012]