- I downloaded and got my head around MiniB3D, a 3D extension for BlitzMax (the language I wrote most of my games in before moving to Flash. Still use it for tools too.) It's based on Blitz3D, which I used about 8 years ago, and it's slowly coming back...
- Setup a random dungeon generator.
- Got player collision working.
- Added monster class, got them to animate and collide too.
- Started to tweak lighting / fog settings, did some hacks to MiniB3D back-end so I could get Nearest Neighbour filtering (was surprised to find only Linear available.)
- Added a scanline texture, naturally!
So far it looks like this:
- Enemy / player damage etc.
- Weapons? Powerups?
- Think more about procedural aspect...